VCOSS Regional Training Program 2014-2015
Together with our partner Pathways Australia, VCOSS is delighted to provide Victorian rural and regional community service organisations (CSOs) with the opportunity to access management and capacity-building training at a location near you!
Over the next 12 months, VCOSS Link will travel to the following six regional centres over the to deliver a customised one day training program informed by a recent training needs analysis:
- Bendigo – 22nd October 2014
- Ballarat – 19th March 2015
- Traralgon – 23rd April 2015
- Shepparton – 21st May 2015
- Mildura – 4th June 2015
Registrations are now open for Mildura. The training will be practical and participants will leave with a ‘toolkit’ of new ideas, techniques and knowledge that they will be able to use immediately to make their organisations more effective.
About the VCOSS Regional Training Program
Aimed at those who currently, or aspire to, work in CSO senior management, the training is organised around the following themes:
1. Evaluation of governance, financial position and service delivery
- How to implement better governance and risk management
- Understanding financial statements and simple ways to assess your organisation’s financial health
- Effectively measure and interpret outputs and outcomes
2. Developing financial capacity
- Explore different fundraising opportunities and determine which would be best suited to your organisation
3. Characteristics of highly successful community service organisations
- Informed by significant research on CSOs across Australia of varying size
- ‘Where to from here’ tips
Participants will complete a number of self-assessment tasks over the day to identify strengths and weaknesses in order to focus the training.
Training is free for VCOSS members and $300 for non-members. If you are interested in finding out more about VCOSS membership, please visit our website.
About the Facilitator
Involved in the community services sector for most of his adult life, Peter has significant experience as a divisional manager, CEO, board member and consultant.
About Pathways Australia
Pathways Australia specialises in the provision of high quality, cost effective management support services for community services organisations. These services include but are not limited to:
- Professional development and training
- Organisational reviews
- Assistance with financial management, income generation, governance, strategic planning and human resource management
- The provision of online income generation tools on a subscription basis
The Victorian Council of Social Service (VCOSS) is the peak organisation of the non-government social and community services sector in Victoria.
VCOSS gives the Victorian community sector a powerful voice with which to raise awareness of the existence, causes and effects of poverty and inequality, and works to create a more just society through sector support, policy development and advocacy.
Find out about becoming a VCOSS member and member benefits here.
For more information please contact
03 9235 1018