Securing External Funding
11 June 2015
This panel discussion featured experts in the fields of philanthropic and government funding discussing the opportunities, common challenges and obstacles that not-for-profit organisations encounter in securing external funding.
VCOSS CEO, Emma King presented a description of the current funding landscape including key challenges and opportunities.
Panel members included:
- Lin Bender AM – CEO, Helen Macpherson Smith Trust
- Barbara Livesey – Head of Stakeholder Engagement and Strategic Growth, Red Cross
- Catherine Brown – CEO, Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation
- Emma King – CEO, VCOSS (Chair)
Topics included themes in government and philanthropic funding, identifying the best funder for particular projects, common mistakes to avoid, the need for innovation in submissions, clear and measurable outcomes and more.
Community Service Organisations and Local Government Authorities
1 September 2015
This lunch forum examined ways local government and the community sector could work together to plan for and build strong and equitable Victorian communities. Dr Andrew Hollows, CEO, Victorian Local Governance Association presented on community governance and community led planning.
A Panel discussion covering the challenges and opportunities for Community Service Organisations and Local Governments in planning together was held featuring:
- Sharon Fraser, General Manager – Go Goldfields, Central Goldfields Shire Council
- Dr Andrew Hollows, CEO – Victorian Local Governance Association
- Patrick O’Neil, Senior Adviser – New Communities, Brotherhood of St Lawrence
Discussions were moderated by VCOSS CEO, Emma King.