•Population ageing and demographic changes
•Parallel social changes into the family structure, residency arrangements and patterns of work
•Evolution of individuals’ expectations and aspirations
All these factors escalate the demand on the quantity, quality and tailored types of social services that are suitable for different groups of people.
Join Dr Shereen Hussein (Research Professor, King’s College London) as she discusses policy and demographic challenges impact on the social service workforce. Dr Hussein will discuss the evolving nature and roles of this workforce and how they interact and respond to increased demand, with empirical examples from the UK and Europe.
A panel discussion will also feature:
– Sara Charlesworth, Professor and Deputy Head of School, Research & Innovation in the School of Management, RMIT University
– Dr George Taleporos, disability rights advocate and Policy Manager, Summer Foundation
– Lloyd Williams, State Secretary, Health and Community Services Union
– David Moody, State Manager, National Disability Services Victoria
– Prof David Hayward, Future Social Service Institute