This not to be missed, full-day event will feature leading disability researchers and service providers showcasing research-based practice. The NDIS is introducing new approaches to service delivery and innovative opportunities for technology and design, underscoring the critical role of research and evidence-based practice.
Specific sessions will demonstrate the evidence base for critical areas including achieving quality services and service design, housing, interfaces between services, workforce, and inclusion and community participation.
The forum aims to:
• Bring together researchers, practitioners and people with a disability to build greater research mindedness and capacity in the disability sector
• Showcase how research can be incorporated into disability service design, programs and practice
• Provide examples of organisations achieving success through evidence-based practice
• Provide examples of people with disabilities, their families and carers exercising choice and control and participating in research.
The program is designed for:
• Front line practice leaders
• CEOs, program managers, policy managers
• Researchers and students
• People with disability, families and carers
• Other disability sector stakeholders