Board members, CEO’s and Managers of non-profit organisations come to the role with a mix of skills and experiences that makes their contribution to the overall success of the organisation unique and significant. Many don’t come with an in-depth knowledge of accounting or a head for numbers yet their individual responsibilities often incorporate budget development.
This course will show that it’s not as difficult to read and understand the figures presented in financial reports as you think. It will equip your Board and leaders with the knowledge they require to make better-informed decisions around the finances. Topics include:
– Interpreting and use the financial reports including the balance sheet and profit and loss against budget
– Understanding variance reporting and forecasting
– Developing budgets for the financial year and new programs
– Calculate the organisation’s financial health
– Linking the strategic plan to the financial reports
– Understand the financial controls required to protect the organisation