This workshop is designed to provide participants with:
• The evidence behind and the fundamental importance of applying Family-centered Strength-based practices with families
• An overview of the principles and rationale of Family-centred and Strength-based practices
• The knowledge and skills to confidently guide families through this practice
• The ability to recognise both the opportunities and challenges when using Family-centered Strength-based approaches and challenges when using Family-centered Strength-based approaches
• All ECI stakeholders’ health, allied health, educators, community organisations and caregivers.
• Early Childhood stakeholders and educators.
• NDIS stakeholders and workers.
• All practitioners who are not familiar with ECI Best Practice Guidelines.
Workshop Objectives For Participants:
• Share the evidence and fundamental importance of applying Family-centered and Strengths-based practices with families.
• Understand the principles and rationale of Family-centered and Strengths-based practices.
• Identify the knowledge and skills required to guide families through the Family-centered and Strengths-based approach.
• Understand the ability to recognise opportunities and challenges when using Family-centered and Strengths-based approaches and how to navigate them.