This program has been specifically designed for managers who are ‘non-accounts’ but want some insights into what financial management is all about….and it’s much, much more than just knowing how to put a budget together.
You will learn about the three most important financial statements and what they can tell you about the financial health of your organisation or any other.
No accounting knowledge is expected or assumed. We will ‘demystify’ accounting and you will be surprised and delighted by how quickly you will pick up the concepts.
- Why financial literacy is important for you and your organisation
- A tour of your organisation’s annual accounts
- Understanding and interpreting the Balance sheet
- Understanding and interpreting the Income statement
- Understanding and interpreting the Cash flow statement
- What auditors do and don’t do
- How to assess your organisation’s financial performance
- The characteristics of financially robust organisations
- How solvent is your organisation?
- How to identify and prevent fraud
- How to identify and manage risk
- Developing robust, effective and efficient budgets